Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Number TWO

The Canadians in district 4470

All of the Uniter Statians in district 4470



Ellen (from Canada) petting a lamb on the farm


Three Exchange students eager and exhausted

the symbol

I am climbing in the bamboo... you got a problem with that??






August 20 to August 23, 2009





On thursday August 20th, I got on a bus, and had a three hour ride to Campo Grande. Arriving at 9:15pm in a strange city by myself. To my knowledge a Rotarian was to meet me as a got off the bus... but he was told the wrong time to pick me up. I was in a strange city, no cell phone, and not knowing how to use their pay phones. That was a good time. after about an hourof being scared half to death of the homeless wanting money from me... Luiz arrived. It was amazing he was like my savior. Apparently miscommunication happened along the way and he was told that the bus arrived at 10:15pm. Yeah it was totally fine i wasn't worried or terrified at all. But all in all it was okay.


Friday morning we got up and I met a Canadian, another American, a Mexican, a F renchman, and a German and we all boarded the bus for an eight hour ride to Araçatuba. It was however awesome to meet more exchange students. I found out that I have a personality twin living in Canada. We are totally the coolest Rotary Chicks in BRAZIL. When we arrived in Araçatuba the eight of us parted ways and went with the people who we were staying with. I was with the kid from France, we stayed with a really nice family of three. However their house smelt of dog when wet.



There are about forty some exchange students in our district. There is a guy from India who is really funny. He loves himself and he won't change schools to be with the other Rotery students in his town because he is famous at his school, everyone knows him. There are kids from Finland, Canada, United States, Sweden, Mexico, France, India, Germany, Hungary, Denmark, and Iceland. On Saturday, all exchange students from distict 4470 met at the chairman's farm... to have a meeting. But after the meeting was over we all had a great time trading pins and cards and SWIMMING. It got really hot that day. When dinner time came along we went to a local, hip, retaurant type place ... and then we went to the club. You know kind of a low key evening!



Sunday rolled around and the long eleven hour drive began again. I didn't back to Dourados until around 1:30am on Monday and so my host parents let me sleep in and I didn't get up in time to make it to class. OH DARN IT!!



All in all... I am ready for a low key weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. You look a little sun-kissed in that flag picture! I'm going to have to get all parental and remind you to reapply plentifully!!

    Oh no!!! The bus story was terrible! You're so brave though - you made it! Embarking on an adventure on your own, just your second weekend?! Dang, girl! Sounds like you all had a great time though. :) Love the pictures!!! But love YOU more! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete